Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the review and management of risk model governance activities.
- Performs model governance activities. Performs material credit and financial calculations used in decision making activities.
- Establishes model governance standards related to tiering of findings, model usage, and tracking.
- Critical Interacts with the external regulators and internal audit to demonstrate the operational soundness and effectiveness of the model governance policies.
- Partners with the business to follow up on open findings related to model validations. Periodically report model governance activities to committees.
- Analyzes complex business processes, risks, and controls.
- Tracks and reports on the progress of open findings.
- Maintains model governance standards.
- Bachelors Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business -Minimum
- Masters Economics,Statistics, Finance, Business
- Minimum- 2+ years Model governance activities relating to policy, procedures, findings resolution etc. in a financial institution, or related experience
- Preferred-4+ years Model governance activities relating to policy , procedures, findings resolution etc. in a financial institution, or related experience
- Certifications and Licenses Certification or License Details: RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional Preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.