Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Performs financial analysis/modeling at the customer level to provide credits to customers for customer related issues. Develops and communicates the results of forecasts to senior management to guide and inform them about the expected level of future corrective action strategies. Responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring operational strategies. Maintains and enhances data sources and platforms to provide reliable operational reports. Provides reports and data extracts.
- Utilizes various software applications including: spreadsheets, relationship databases, and statistical and graphical packages to assemble, manipulate and format data and reports. Builds non statistical financial models to assess the level of corrective action for customer impacting incidents. Analyzes and communicates the results and key insights to senior management.
- Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and project financial probabilities/expected level of future corrective action strategies to senior management. Analyzes complex financial and operations data.
- Aggregates the corrective action results across customer impacting incidents that can be used to answer questions from senior management and to assess the reasonableness of key assumptions used in the forecasting model. Manages the development and implementation of analytical data warehouses. Documents report and analysis requirements.
- Develops controls to validate the accuracy and reasonableness of data analyses including protections to ensure record retention integrity. Ensures adequate tests and controls are in place. Gathers business requirements for report and data file creation requests.
- Provides reports, data, and information to operational units. Assesses performance results and supports decision-making.
- Prepares communications to the business and management regarding initiatives, issues, and achievements. Provides progress reports to management.
- Monitors strategy performance and advises management of trends and necessary actions. Supports testing of pricing strategies before implementation. Periodically produces pricing reports to share with management and business partners.
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications. Conducts code reviews and recommends alternative programming tools to improve quality and timeliness of results.
- Develop an understanding of the business supported and relationships with key business units to support understanding and analysis of customer data.
Education (Minimum) - Bachelors - Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance
Education (Preferred) - Masters – Economics, Social Sciences, Business
Work Experience (Minimum) - 4+ years in data modeling, statistical software, gap analysis, programming, or related experience
Work Experience (Preferred) - Business analysis
Preferred Skills :
- Experienced in the area of analytical programming and tools: SAS, SQL, Python, VBA, Shell Scripts, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with Student Loan Systems (Atlas, Finacle, AOD, ServiceNow)
- Understanding of Student Loan Products, Features, Benefits
- Analyze and Interpret Customer Data
- Proficient in Excel; Easily manipulate spreadsheets
- Project Management
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written / Verbal)
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Ability to Multi-Task
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.