Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring operational strategies. Maintains and enhances data sources and platforms to provide reliable operational reports. Provides reports and data extracts.
- Provides reports, data, and information to operational units. Assesses performance results and supports decision-making.
- Utilizes various software applications, including spreadsheets, relationship databases, and statistical and graphical packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and reports.
- Manages the development and implementation of analytical data warehouses. Documents report and analysis requirements.
- Ensures adequate tests and controls are in place. Gathers business requirements for report and data-file creation requests.
- Prepares communications to the business and management regarding initiatives, issues, and achievements. Provides progress reports to management.
- Monitors strategy performance and advises management of trends and necessary actions. Supports testing of pricing strategies before implementation. Periodically produces pricing reports to share with management and business partners.
- Analyzes complex financial and operations data. Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and project financial probabilities.
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications. Conducts code reviews and recommends alternative programming tools to improve quality and timeliness of results.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Applied Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling, statistical software, gap analysis, programming, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Economics, Applied Social Sciences, MBA with emphasis in Statistics or Econometrics
- 6+ years of experience in business analysis
- Experienced in the area of analytical programming and tools: SAS, SQL, Python, VBA, Shell Scripts, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with Student Loan Systems (Atlas, Finacle, AOD, ServiceNow)
- Understanding of Student Loan Products, Features, Benefits
- Ability to analyze and interpret customer data
- Proficient in Excel; Easily manipulate spreadsheets
- Project management experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.