Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Supports reporting and analytics’ requests and provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for new model development or fine-tunes existing rules, monitors trends, assists with implementation or improvement of transaction monitoring controls, and monitors programs or systems. Participates in data quality efforts and the analytical support for expanding transaction monitoring coverage to new product types.
- Develops and runs a variety of ad hoc analyses on key driver performance, models, and testing sensitivities. Performs validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulates models as necessary.
- Responsible for providing performance reporting and analysis such as, but not limited to, monitoring and interpreting performance trends, evaluating metrics and other information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing detailed information into assessment of performance, distinguishing true trends, providing forecast support based on historical performance, and similar analytical services.
- Collaborates with senior managers and decision-makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Designs, develops, and manages new reports and dashboards designed to provide management a view into company performance and ensures the timely development and distribution of established periodic reports.
- Expands and enhances analytics capability, continues to improve process, explores/adopts new tools. Collaborates with various business partners on project requests, prioritization, and delivery.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· H.S. Diploma or GED
· In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Analytics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Business, Strategy, Consulting, Payments
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Bachelor's Degree in Analytics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Business, Strategy, or related field
·4+ years of experience in Analytics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Business, Strategy, Consulting, Payments, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.