Lead Risk Reporting and Analytics at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Supports business intelligence requests from multiple Corporate Risk Management compliance programs, provides analytical and technical consultation for AML operation and modeling processes, monitors compliance data trends and assists with implementation or improvement of reporting controls and monitoring programs. This individual will also participate in reporting and analytic efforts to support the expansion of new product and business.Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, and manages new reports and dashboards designed to provide management a view into company performance and ensures the timely development and distribution of established reports.
- Responsible for providing performance reporting and analysis such as, but not limited to, monitoring and interpreting reporting performance, evaluating metrics and other information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, troubleshooting production and performance issue. Collaborates with decision-makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Develops and runs a variety of analysis on key data processes, metrics and models. Performs validation and testing of BI processes to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Expands and enhances analytics capability, continues to improve process, explores/adopts new tools. Collaborates with various business partners on project requests, prioritization, and delivery.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience, utilizing industry-leading Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Qlikview to develop robust, interactive, and visually impactful dashboards, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry utilizing industry-leading Business Intelligence Tools, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing optimized, complex SQL queries across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources such as Teradata, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, or Hyperion Essbase etc.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.