The Lead Software Engineer at Relativity develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high-quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software. As part of the Cloud Engineering - Cloud SQL team, you will build and maintain one of the tier 0 services that power the backbone of RelativityOne data. You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
The Cloud SQL Platform Team
Our Cloud SQL Platform team is building a SQL Platform as a Service (PaaS) unique to Relativity based on SQL Server and Azure cloud technologies. We are building proprietary high-availability replication and database movement technology. The Cloud SQL Platform is responsible for orchestration, provisioning, scale, configuration, and monitoring of data hosted on the platform. The technology is deployed globally in multiple Azure regions and hosts hundreds of terabytes of data and hundreds of thousands of SQL Databases.
Here you will have the opportunity to solve significant complex scalability, availability, and performance challenges while learning new cloud development best practices using technologies like C#, Azure, .NET core, control plane/data plane, cloud platform as a service, serverless compute, configuration management, scripting, and automation. We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join a growing team and help lead, improve processes, and set standards for quality among the team. This role will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action
- Lead and contribute to technical development projects as a senior member of the team
- Lead the effort on architecture, design, and development of a performant, scalable, and secure cloud data platform for our core offering of SQL PaaS
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to deliver high-quality software that operates on data at a massive scale
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Specify, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with lead, staff, and principal engineers
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of object-oriented design and programming such as SOLID
- Enable best practices of test-driven design and the use of autonomous frameworks and continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- 7+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and delivering successful software
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and debugging
- Experience as a Lead engineer on an agile software team, including mentoring and project leadership
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform). Azure experience is a plus
- Experience developing systems and applications, or related experience
- At least seven years of experience in .NET software development using C# or related technologies
- Experience working in highly automated test environments
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences-and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.