Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
This position is responsible for the database architecture, development, implementation and maintenance of SQL Server based applications and components for the automotive marketing platform. The right candidate will have strong experience in database architecture and a proven track record in SQL programming and database development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and quality assurance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and maintenance of SQL Server based applications and components for a large-scale enterprise application.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of the software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies
- Prepare and dispense user stories, provide guidance, and review the work of other team members.
- Collaborate with the QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Recommend business process flow improvements and clearly communicate problem/resolution process to project management.
- Develop and implement solutions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the design and implementation process for new products/projects, informing senior executives of alternatives.
- Analyze user requests and assist with design activities.
- Provide in-depth and strong technical specialty and knowledge to the team.
- Work closely with the QA team to identify and implement appropriate manual and automated functional tests
- Advise and mentor team members in specialized technical areas as well as fulfill administrative duties as defined by the support process
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures associated with support requires improvement and helps in the process improvement activity
- Develop Metrics to Assess & Improve quality and effectiveness of the development team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent engineering
- 8+ years enterprise level relational database experience with SQL Server in large scale enterprise application environment.
- At least 3 years of hands-on SQL Server performance tuning, indexing and optimization.
- Deep hands on experience in SQL Server database architecture, design and development, including ER Diagrams, data warehousing and schema design.
- Expertise, strong specialization or substantial project work in SQL, API / Stored Procedure design, Relational Database design, Linux and Windows Shell scripting.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing and scalability principles.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and techniques to tune software for maximum performance.
- Experienced with ETL tools including Informatica, Pentaho PDI along with some exposure to Change Data Capture tools such as HVR or Oracle Golden Gate.
- Data integration using SQL Server Integration Services or equivalent.
- Experience with data security, PII rules and legislation including GDRP and CCPA.
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL experience highly desirable
- Experience with database scaling including logical and physical partitioning, database sharing and high availability.
- Experience in using design patterns, distributed paradigms, modeling techniques such as UML
- Experience leading development teams and providing technical direction and leadership.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well within agile scrum environment and within tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.