Machine Learning Engineer
GoHealth is looking for Machine Learning Engineers who will support GoHealth's marketing, business operations, product engineering, and executive teams using knowledge discovered from the analysis of GoHealth's data. The Machine Learning Engineer is expected to work with the various teams and use data sets to find opportunities for improving GoHealth's software products and business processes.
- Develop data and predictive models for solving business problems, and in improving GoHealth's software products and business processes.
- Evangelize software engineering best practices and proactively identify technical debt and other issues related to improving SLA
- Seek out ways to automate and accelerate development of data-driven products, and then implementing them
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, business operations, and product engineering teams in analyzing business problems, building and testing solutions and data models, and implementing the algorithms and results of the models.
- Work closely with Data Engineers in designing the schemas and data pipelines needed for downstream use by regression models and jobs.
- Author formal and informal reports that effectively communicate the models and the results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Confer with Data Science, Product, and Engineering stakeholders:
- To define and implement new data-powered products, and predictive models
- To deploy and maintain them in production as RESTful services and/or batch jobs
Skills and Experience:
- Master's or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in the the following:
- Machine learning, data science modeling - using scikit-learn, tensorflow, pytorch, and relevant technologies
- Python - scikit-learn, pandas, numpy
- Python unit testing framework - pytest, nosetest, or other testing frameworks
- AWS ecosystem, and preferably with docker and/or Linux/Unix experience
- Relational databases and SQL including MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, or equivalent
- Web service architecture, e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.
- Version control systems using Git, Bitbucket, SVN, or Team Foundation
- Software engineering practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to evolving business and technical environments.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and learn new skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer