Mainframe Database Manager at Ensono
The Mainframe Systems Manager will coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of their assigned IT teams, as they pertain to the installation and management of mainframe database systems – specifically IMS, Adabas, Datacom/DB, IDMS, and Supra. Oversee the day-to-day functions aligning with their Global Leader(s) responsibilities/duties while maintaining on-going project management and statuses. The Manager will oversee training sessions with resources so that they can be equipped with new knowledge and skills to remain current. Manager will do quarterly reviews, set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company.
· Provide thought leadership within assigned tower and Business Unit
· Provides Technical support for SW solutions.
· Provide direction to Team Leaders and resources.
· Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
· Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
· Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
· Administer, update, weekly project management documents, aligning projects with client and BU activity.
· Manage team’s ticket queue and following up on aging tickets
· Provide risk assessment and risk management
· Administer quarterly review(s)
· Set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company
· Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
· Delegate responsibilities where applicable.
· Facilitate or coordination of software releases/upgrades or large projects.
· Attend/facilitate client/team meetings where applicable.
· Collaboration with other departments
· Develop, assess, adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
· Participate in and provide timely responses to all internal and external audits
· Participating in on-boarding of new client.
· Own all facets of performance and career management for the team. Regular one-on-one meetings with all team members.
· Provide both technical and ‘soft skill’ mentoring in order to maintain a well-rounded, well-balanced team. This includes project management, quality audits, and coordination of training sessions as well as day-to-day oversight of the team.
· Experience working within an IT Operations environment
· 3 - 5 years of management experience in related field
· 10 years of mainframe database installation/maintenance experience
· Good problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated and have attention to detail
· Ability to effectively coordinate and lead internal resources to accomplish key milestones
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver informative and well-organized presentations
· Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and leadership skills with ability to work and build relationships across multiple levels of an organization
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to learn quickly
· Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
· Knowledge in one of the major database products - IMS, Adabas, Datacom/DB, IDMS, and Supra
· Knowledge of SMP/E or maintenance routines if applicable
· Knowledge in JCL
· Knowledge system IPL processes
· Knowledge of ISPF/TSO
· Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Teams, Sharepoint