The Role: In this role, you will manage a team and directly participate in the analysis of new feature and content requests and help multifunctional development teams to understand what needs to be done to meet internal and external user needs through Morningstar's next-generation enterprise data platform. This platform will ultimately support all products offered by Morningstar. You will be responsible for researching functional and non-functional requirements, providing user stories and acceptance criteria for development teams, and providing test strategies and test cases for QA teams. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and technology,excellent communication, and a good understanding of Morningstar data andmethodologies.This role will be based in our Chicago or Toronto office.
1. Lead a team of business analysts. Coach, mentor, and allocate work across the entire BA team.
2. Communicate with internal and external clients to understand andclarify business/technology/data requirements.
3. Convert business requirements into actionable stories through detailedanalysis such as calculation prototyping, usage analysis, anddata mapping/mining/locating in various data sources.
4. Write user stories, acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional requirements andexplain details to development and QA teams.
5. Collaborate with product and project management, technology leadership, developer, and QA to deliver the project according to requirements.
- 5+ years experience in business analysis or data analysis.
- 1+ years experience with financial software and/or data
- Previous experience leading a team, including people, career, and performance management is preferred.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Finance, related area of study, or direct experience within the financial or data management industry. Advanced knowledge of Equity, Fund, and Fixed Income data methodologies is ideal.
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Python, Jupyter notebooks, and/or Amazon Web Service is preferable.
Nice to have
CFA charterholder or CFA candidate is a plus
100_MstarResCanad Morningstar Research, Inc. (Canada) Legal Entity