Manager of Business Insights & Analytics
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
The Manager of Business Insights & Analytics will be joining a global team to provide analysis and insight to fuel our efforts and accelerate growth at a global level.
Focus and Function:
- Design an advanced method of analyzing sales and restaurant operational performance at a global scale
- Has the ability to work with multiple, diverse data sources to synthesize into Global analyses and insights
- Incorporate macroeconomic factors such as weather, improved seasonality, and trading day factors, all in efforts to gain an improved perspective of our sales drivers.
- Responsible for developing the sales baselines to measure data momentum and incrementality, as well as forecasting scenarios for large-scale global initiatives.
- Manage and analyze restaurant performance to understand the impact of the customer experience and service times by channel on our sales drivers.
- Craft a sophisticated method of analyzing menu performance globally, using our Transaction Level Detail and Product Mix databases.
- Drive a deeper understanding of growth drivers from our menu, focusing on areas such as identifying menu categories and items that are primary visit decision drivers; analyzing sales and profit contribution margins for each menu category, and determine how our menu items measure against the competition.
- Thorough understanding of Marketing Mix Model implementation. Help manage the Marketing Mix Model implementation across McDonald’s markets around the globe.
- Develop analytics and visualizations to share deep insights on sales performance.
- Designing dashboards to focus on KPI’s of Sr Management, with drill-down capabilities to understand root causes issues.
- Consulting with numerous countries and their respected Insights leads to enhance performance, share methodologies and expertise.
The Manager of Business Insights & Analytics reports directly to the Senior Director of Global Business Insights & Analytics, and interfaces frequently with senior leaders throughout the company and will be working as part of a team that is supporting the top global markets.
This is a cross-functional role in which the right person will interact with multiple teams including the Global Pricing team, Restaurant Solutions Group, IT team, Strategy Team, and the Global insights group that looks across the 14 major markets within McDonald’s. This includes the US, Asia, and Europe to influence a new global methodology of forecasting. This work will include reports going directly to the CEO, CFO, and Corporate Controller.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a proven interest in learning. This person will also need to be an ambitious, high-energy individual who can easily function in high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate the ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
The successful candidate will:
- Must be low ego in nature, and recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual.
- Be highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm.
- Be comfortable acting as an individual contributor and as a team manager (Player/Coach).
- Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines “no matter what”.
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect.
- Possess an ambitious spirit.
Be comfortable on his/her feet making presentations.Qualifications
- Proficiency in econometric modeling.
- Experience with marketing analytics.
- 5+ years of hands-on data analytics experience.
- Preferred knowledge of restaurant, retail or hospitality industries.
- Proficiency in R/SAS/Python, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Excel modeling techniques.
- Experience working with large datasets and relational databases.
- Strong academic qualifications, including advanced understanding/coursework in Math, Statistics, or related field.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to independently own and drive model development, balancing demands and deadlines, able to balance competing and changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate complex analyses in a simplified manner to a broad audience with confidence.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.