Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading a team to design, develop, and support dashboard, analytic, and reporting solutions for a wide variety of business intelligence data sets. Builds strong partnerships with business unit leaders by functioning as their Business Intelligence trusted advisor, lending their expertise and insights to enable their partners to accomplish their data and analytic goals while guiding them toward the Best Practices for Business Intelligence consumption. Directly accountable for ensuring all projects are delivered with a high efficiency, expertly managing timelines, and maneuvering around obstacles to deliver state-of-the art solutions that answer the analytics questions being asked by their customers.
- Builds strong relationships with their Business Partners to understand the business needs and analytical and reporting challenges, and leverages the relationship to identify new opportunities to increase efficiency in both process and understanding through the use of new or existing Business Intelligence projects.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of industry best practices and expertise in data model development, data analytics, and dashboard design to guide cross-functional teams in the development of creative and innovative ways to efficiently and effectively answer critical business questions. Leads the development of all Business Intelligence projects to the successful and timely outcome that answers the questions posed by Business Partners.
- Ensures all Business Intelligence projects adhere to the enterprise design standards for visual design, data governance, and performance, including cross validation of source data, development of routine data quality checks, and performance testing under different enterprise load conditions.
- Provides all facets of support for all deployed Business Intelligence projects, driving the identification of root cause of issues and actively participates in guiding issue resolution and control process remediation to prevent further occurrences.
- Guides the User Acceptance testing, project documentation, and deployment processes for all assigned BI projects, including regularly reoccurring project updates on completion status to project sponsors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of hands-on experience utilizing Business Intelligence Tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI to develop robust, interactive, and visually impactful dashboards
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing optimized, complex SQL queries across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources such as Teradata, Hadoop, and Hyperion Essbase
- 6+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of Business Intelligence solution design (i.e. hands-on development experience with OLAP/cubing, data visualization, ETL, interactive reporting, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
- Tableau Certification
- Coursera/DataCamp certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.