Manager, Business Intelligence
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll work with internal and third-party data sources to create reports using ad hoc SQL, reporting views, and Looker's business intelligence platform.
- You’ll develop reporting to monitor various Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) over time and maintain and document these solutions to drive long-term value.
- You’ll create, maintain, and monitor daily and intra-day checks to ensure health of production system and data warehouse reporting.
- You’ll collaborate with the Analytics team to create strategies for implementation of predictive models.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with finance, product, accounting and operations to complete ad hoc analysis in order to help management and other teams understand and interpret business results.
- You’ll manage, onboard, coach, and mentor junior BI resources as needed.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years relevant management experience leading a team in a BI capacity
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g., mathematics, statistics, operations research, quantitative finance, physics, engineering, computer science).
- Proficiency in writing concise and performant SQL queries. Familiarity with other database constructs such as views, materialized views, indices, and ETL processes.
- Proficiency with Looker, or a similar business intelligence tool such as Tableau or QlikView; must have experience with dashboard creation and with backend engineering and administration.
- You are able to communicate complex information to a broad range of audiences and act as a subject matter expert, providing guidance/knowledge-sharing with others when needed.
- You make an impact across your team and deliver results through your ability to consider multiple perspectives, measure success effectively, and execute on complex project plans.
- You take ownership of projects and with a keen eye to anticipate next steps, creatively problem-solve, maintaining strong cross-functional relationships along the way.
- You build credibility through by meeting your individual goals as well as how you promote trust, openness and respectful discussions within the team.
What makes you stand out:
- R and Python experience, particularly for data processing and analysis.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior team members.
- High-level familiarity with common predictive modeling algorithms.
- Experience with version control and agile development methods. Some familiarity with AWS services such as RDS and EC2.
- Experience in Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Previous experience in the financial industry