Manager, Customer Insight at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As a Customer Insight Manager, you will help derive and deliver customer feedback throughout all areas of the customer’s end-to-end journey, partnering deeply with Customer Experience and many cross-functional teams, including product marketing, product management, enterprise, user research, and Upwork customers.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a proven track record of launching and scaling voice of the customer programs, experienced at conducting user research studies and accomplished at sharing critical user insights cross-functionally to enable optimal user experiences.Your Responsibilities:
- Be a vocal, highly visible customer advocate to the company
- Frame decisions and contribute a strong point of view on key product and service experience themes impacting customers while balancing outstanding outcomes for the business
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer’s voice and be the person that can connect the dots with qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources to succinctly identify the root cause of customer issues
- Develop and run the voice of the customer program at any stage in the lifecycle of the process, from integrating top-down and bottoms-up insights in customer strategy as well as developing insights by connecting bottoms-up customer feedback to top-down strategic planning
- Derive insights about the customer’s end-to-end experiences and highlight opportunities for product roadmap owners
- 5+ years of solid experience in customer product strategy and/or customer operations strategy
- Experience leading strategy and process improvement programs
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, experience solving sophisticated and diverse business problems, and drive projects from strategy to execution
- Experience leading all aspects of the voice of the customer program
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to synthesize and communicate critical themes from multiple feedback channels and perspectives
- Experience developing or coordinating quantitative analysis and derive meaningful insights.
- Previous experience crafting and conducting qualitative user research
- Solid track record of launching a voice of the customer program at scale from inception to delivering solutions to complex customer problems with measurable impact on the business and positive outcomes for customers
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.