Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for managing a team that performs analytics, identifies insights, and makes recommendations to business management. Manages the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards. Ensures team members produce accurate and on-time delivery of analyses and recommendations.
- Manages the development of departmental goals, strategies, and quality measures. Plans, organizes, and manages to successful completion, departmental or enterprise projects. Supports and enhances system applications, research, and processing methodologies.
- Manages an analytical team including hire/fire, performance reviews, assignment of work, and development decisions. Ensures team delivers deadline-driven, accurate, and insightful analyses and reports. Creates a culture that engages business partners through a collaborative approach to make fact based, data-driven decisions.
- Conducts analysis and performs thorough data analysis, develops business recommendations to improve processes and drive revenue.
- Interacts with key business partners and work cross-functionally. Assists client-facing team members and management in all aspects of both internal and external reporting.
- Creates a culture that engages business partners through a collaborative approach to make fact-based, data-driven decisions. Manages and interprets data on business performance. Monitors and optimizes business performance.
- Leads and develops a team to implement a data culture including coaching, training and best practices focused on driving efficiencies. Define, prioritize and implement initiatives.
- Develops, revises, implements, and enforces departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies the need for consistent monitoring of trends and the needs to incorporate an analysis within a dashboard. Identifies the need for business intelligence in different areas of the business and assigns team members to gather and analyze the data.
- Presents findings from analyses and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Partners with leadership to ensure an in-depth understanding of requirements and performance levers (KPIs) for each analysis.
- Masters in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Information Technology
- 4+ years of work experience with data analysis and reporting
- 6+ years in data analysis, Business Technology, Project Management, Operations or related field.
- Payments industry experience, ideally within operations or with data background
- Understanding of technical components in payments
- Strong reporting experience and ability to draw conclusions
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.