Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Manager, Data Engineering is a critical role in our Product Development organization. This key leader serves as manager and scrum master - enabling the team to achieve their highest level of performance and team members to fulfill career goals. S/he acts as a servant leader and shelters the team from external distractions, allowing team members to focus on their commitments and reach their full potential. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within the product team. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Location: 100% Remote
Reports To: Head of Data Engineering & Reporting
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
- Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
- We don't add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, remove impediments, and enable the team to be their best.
- Develop and implement measurable continuous improvement plans.
- Manage dependencies across product teams/business.
- Effectively manage production issues and communicate business impact to stakeholders.
- Develop T-shaped skill sets and leadership capabilities of team members.
- Nourish a collaborative environment with a willingness to share ideas, where open and honest feedback flourishes.
- Facilitate longer-term career plans with each member of the product team and find opportunities for team members to fulfill those goals.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years Data Engineering
- Experience directly managing Software and QA engineers.
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Experience implementing data pipelines on the cloud (AWS or GCP)
- Experience in Data Warehousing on the Cloud (AWS RDS, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), a plus.
- At ease working at all levels of the organization.
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly.
- Passionate about quality and controls.
- A superior communicator with a penchant for change management.
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
The Colorado Employment Act
The Colorado Employment Act requires all employers to place in their remote/Colorado job postings the compensation ranges for their open roles.
Paylocity will comply with this new state employment act, and we are required to place compensation information in all remote and Colorado based roles by September 24.
NOTE: Yellow highlighted area is an example of a range. The pay range for each role is in the Pay Transparency tool. The range reflected is minimum- maximum of the job.
Communication below to place in remote/ Colorado based job postings:
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $140,000.00 - $214,356.00 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.