Manager, Data Engineering at Oak Street Health
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:41 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Manager, Data Engineering
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street's care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients' health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
As a Manager, Data Engineering, you will be responsible for managing a team of data engineers and developers. This team is responsible for delivering high quality modern data solutions through collaboration with engineers, analysts, and product teams in a fast-paced, agile environment leveraging cutting-edge technology to reimagine how Healthcare is provided. You will be instrumental in the designing, integrating, and implementing solutions as well supporting migrations of existing workloads to Azure cloud.
- Manage a team of Data Engineer and BI Developers
- Lead the team through design, development, and deployment of new functionality
- Improve our platform by leveraging existing technology, building new technology, and evaluating and integrating 3rd party solutions
- Work closely with other development teams to create the platform vision and evolve the product roadmap
- Set appropriate project backlogs and manage ongoing changes
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and a positive, solution-oriented attitude
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 5 years of business intelligence and data engineering development experience
- Minimum of 4 years of management / mentor experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Azure data engineering
- Strong knowledge of data integration and business intelligence
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Knowledge of market trends, including cloud technology
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.