Manager of Data & Reporting
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented Manager of Data and Reporting to join our Care Organization. The Care Reporting & Analytics team is the analytical engine of the Care organization - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Care Leadership team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the Director of Care Strategy & Operations.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator. It’s also important that you’re self-motivated and have a “whatever it takes” attitude. Oh and of course, providing stellar customer service is a must.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Responsible for reporting & data analysis and monitoring KPIs & business drivers across all of Care - highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variance
- Build out and maintain a reporting platform to display organizational dashboards, vendor performance metrics, manager performance metrics, and agent level performance
- Organize and maintain data for agent performance and key performance indicators
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Finance team by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily, weekly and monthly to the Executive and Senior Teams
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
- Improve customer care workflow and suggest opportunities for increased efficiency through trend and data analysis
- Work with the Management Team to achieve specific call center goals in our pursuit to provide world class customer service
You Should Have
- BA/BS from top-tier University
- A willingness to learn and adapt
- 4+ years of analytical experience, preferably within contact centers
- 3+ years of experience querying large data sets for analytics and reporting
- 2+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VBA macros, vlookup, index-match, ODBC data connections, etc.)
- 3+ years building dashboards in Tableau, Qlik or similar enterprise business intelligence tools
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to effectively communicate and explain metrics across all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- SQL experience required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.