Manager, Data Science - Experimentation at Hyatt
At Hyatt, we’re working to Advance Care through data-driven decisions and automation. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision as we create the future of travel. We can’t do that without the best talent – talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our guests, customers, owners and colleagues.â€¯â€¯
Hyatt seeks an extraordinary data scientist to help build the algorithmic assets and features that Hyatt guests, members, customers and internal users leverage to transform the guest experience and drive efficiencies across the operations of our business.
In this role you will lay the foundations of experimentation at Hyatt focusing primarily on experimentation design, software development, and performance measurement to determine incremental causal impact. Projects may include a variety of disciplines, ranging from algorithmic products to regional/global business strategies. Secondary responsibilities may flex across data science initiatives as needed such as forecasting, machine learning modelling, and optimization.
You will be a part of a ground-floor, hands-on, highly visible team which is positioned for growth and is highly collaborative and passionate about data science.
Applying the latest techniques and approaches across the domains of data science, machine learning, and AI isn’t just a nice to have, it’s a must.Who We Are Hyatt is proud to have a culture where coworkers become friends and family. Since 1957, our focus on care for our employees and our guests has served as the heart of our business and made Hyatt one of the best hospitality brands in the world, with more than 950 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 67 countries across six continents.
As we continue to grow – even during the most challenging and uncertain times – we never lose sight of what’s most important: People.Why now? We are in a time of extraordinary transformation. Passion for personal travel combined with the explosive growth of global business underpinned our growth for years. With Covid-19, much travel has ceased - but the passion for travel remains. Now that vaccines have been introduced, one of the things people look forward to most is traveling. Hyatt is at the epicenter of the return to travel - and we are looking for passionate changemakers to be a part of our journey. When you join Hyatt, you will join a world of possibility. How We Care for Our People Wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose — we care for people so they can be their best. We believe this focus on employees is the key to our success and we’ve earned a place on Fortune’s prestigious “100 Best Companies to Work For®” for the last seven years, ranking No. 28 in 2020.
We’re proud to offer exceptional benefits which may include:
- Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Work-life benefits including wellbeing initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription, on-site rest and relaxation, meditation lounges and flexible schedules
Who You Are
We care about your qualifications, but we care more about your qualities when you join the Hyatt family. As our ideal candidate, you understand the power and purpose of our Culture of Care and share our core values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. Our colleagues embody our purpose of caring for people, including each other, our guests, and ultimately our owners. This commitment to genuine service and care is what differentiates us and drives guest preference.
- Define and build the experimentation culture and capabilities at Hyatt from a statistics-first lens.
- Create experimental designs and measurement strategies across data science products and broader business strategies.
- Hands-on developer and owner of internal code/process which fuels our experimentation and measurement capabilities across a variety of KPIs and statistical tests.
- Work collaboratively with other data scientists and business partners to ensure proper execution of experiments and manage cross-product experimentation coordination as applicable.
- Report on measurement results, such as incrementality and bias, with a commitment to ethical data science.
- Demonstrate holistic thinking, strategic agility, and leadership with all levels of the organization.
- Lead and train direct reports as the function scales.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt core values: respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun.
- Master’s degree in econometrics, statistics, computer science, or related fields required.
- 5+ years of data science experience with a focus on experimentation and measurement, hospitality experience not required.
- Expertise in Python and SQL, additional software experience preferred ie Docker, Spark.
- Expertise in statistical methods and tests (parametric and nonparametric tests, bias corrections, multiple comparison corrections, power sizing, stratified sampling, etc).
- Experience with treatment effect methodologies (ie CATE, S-Learner, etc).
- Experience with time-series causal impact analysis.
- Experience operating in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP) with large datasets.
- Experience operating in an Agile Methodology environment.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD concepts.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Position will require customer-facing interaction and collaboration.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.