Manager, Data Visualization and Business Intelligence
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. On the Data Services team, we believe data has the power to drive a business forward, and we push every day to enable data-driven decisions across all aspects of the organization. We have hundreds of data sources, a robust enterprise data warehouse and use Tableau for visual analytics.Who you are
- A Leader
- Customer Obsessed
- 5-7 years in the data world, experience working with data warehouse teams. 1-2 years of people management experience preferred.
- You are a Tableau super user and have strong analytical skills and experience. You are extremely comfortable helping your teammates build up their analytical skills.
- You have experience developing processes, leading people & driving initiatives toward a common goal.
- Strong analytical skills and experience; ability to recognize, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Understanding of project management techniques with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks, respond well to changing priorities, pay attention to detail and demonstrate quality time management and organizational skills.
- Mentor and manage a team of four Data Analysts, conducting regular 1-on-1s, giving feedback, and developing career paths.
- Drive the development of new reporting solutions and the improvement/maintenance of existing solutions, with a focus on delivering reporting that is accurate, performant & user-friendly.
- Help lead teammates through the design, execution & maintenance of reporting including implementing controls for standardization & data integrity.
- Develop and apply in-depth understanding of business operations to recommend reporting solutions for complex issues.
- Act as a steward for data & reporting within the organization, using the highest standards of analytical rigor, data integrity & design-minded principles.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With others. Work closely with cross-functional partners in technology, operations, sales, finance, and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment - Unlimited PTO and Work from Home Policy
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!