Manager, Database Administration at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
CCCIS is looking for a Database manager that will lead a team of diversely skilled database engineers who architect, build, and maintain various database technologies for the company. This role is key to mission critical business applications that require 24x7 on-call team rotation, incident management, change management and identifying key process methods for efficient delivery of service.
- Manage/lead a team of 6 direct reports as well as offshore resources
- Work closely with vendors to maintain and manage solid working relationships
- Act as senior technical resource, prioritize tasks, resolve complex problems, and participate in strategy discussions
- Resource management and training of the team
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for databases, production support and end-users.
- Collaborate with Operations and Product Development teams as well as Data Architects to assure adherence to operational objectives.
- Approximately 50% team leadership, 30% operations support and 20% vendor management
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and evangelize to internal stakeholders
- Work with a range of cross functional teams within the company to build out and communicate product capabilities: Engineering, Sales, Account Management, etc
- Make recommendations on how to reduce hosting complexity/improve operational agility and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of work experience and technical certifications
- 8+ years of information systems experience in a large enterprise systems environment supporting mission-critical systems and applications
- 2+ years in a Technical team lead role of 5 resources or more - Management skill set and long term operational experience
- Strong outsourcing and vendor relationship experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience with complex system integration projects
- Solid experience with system monitoring and management software
- Previous experience with disaster recovery and recovering complex environments
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Technical Qualifications
- 4+ years of demonstrated expertise in Oracle RDBMS 10g and 11g
- 4 + years of demonsrated experience in Microsoft SQL
- 2+ years with Hadoop a plus
- Has 1-2 years’ experience using cloud-based database technologies such as AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, Azure PaaS, GCP Cloud SQL, etc.
- Experience supporting Oracle Databases on Exadata a plus
- Oracle Performance Tuning skills a plus
- Has maintained and monitored hundreds of SQL Server installations
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!