Manager, Healthcare Analytics - Home Care Practice at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As a Manager Healthcare Analytics, you will provide a full spectrum of analytics supporting our house call program. Responsibilities will include developing targeting recommendations to identify the “right” patients for the program and constructing and interpreting operational metrics to assess the program’s effectiveness. This role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to thoughtfully and efficiently drive to recommendations.
What are some examples of projects you’ll tackle as a Manager Healthcare Analytics at VillageMD?
- Mining medical and pharmacy claims data to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Building reports and dashboards to track execution of our house call program
Developing and implementing patient targeting to enable population health management in order to improve health outcomes and reduce cost of care
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Ability to manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
What you might do in your first year:
- Develop and analyze operational metrics to assess internal and/or vendor performance
- Provide analytical recommendations on how to identify patient quality gaps during house calls
- Collaborate with senior operations leadership to gather requirements to solve multifaceted and complex business problems with data-driven solutions
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of full-time experience, healthcare experience preferred
- Experience in providing analytics insights to clinicians and operators to drive improvement in health outcomes
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics or engineering; graduate degree preferred
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.