Manager, Healthcare Analytics at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As a Healthcare Analytics Manager, you will create, analyze, influence and document VillageMD’s business rules, analytical algorithms and key performance indicators that drive our operations and performance. This role requires strong attention to detail, the ability to thoughtfully and efficiently drive to recommendations, and the capacity to collaborate across multiple business customers.
What are examples of work that a Healthcare Analytics Manager will do at VillageMD?
- Partner with our clinical and operations teams to create meaningful and accurate metrics that measure the impact of a specific operational process
- Create a living document that captures the data sources and business rules used to determine assignment of patients to specific healthcare providers month over month
- Perform analysis and drive to a recommendation on how to address patient-level outliers impacting key performance indicators
- Develop and oversee quality assurance (QA) test cases to validate correct implementation of new or improved business rules and/or analytical algorithms
- Develop and socialize methodology to calculate benchmarks for specific operations metrics at the market level
- Scope, perform and/or lead analyses, as needed, to drive to optimal decisions where investigation identifies unintended market variation
What will make you successful here?
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex logic and technical topics in a clear, concise manner
- Experience with MS SQL and other analytical tools, such as SAS or R
- Passion for documentation including developing optimal approach given complexity
- Ability to generate clear, concise and comprehensive analyses that provide backing for specific recommendation(s)
- Business acumen within healthcare industry including clinical operations
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for tasks and people
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of full-time experience, healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirements writing
- Process definition and documentation experience
- Demonstrated data analysis experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.