Manager II Strategy
Browse the Aisles
Peapod Digital Labs is driven by putting the customer at the center of all we do and are constantly looking for ways to evolve the customer experience through the development and execution of new projects and initiatives across our six brands. We are seeking positive, enthusiastic, team orientated people who want to work in an entrepreneurial environment that drives change.
This role will assess company goals and objectives to determine appropriate omnichannel strategy, supporting key initiatives and their relative priority. This role will develop, implement and continuously pursue innovative omnichannel concepts and strategies in collaboration with the six US Brands. This role will provide strategic focus and effort relating to omnichannel growth opportunities and at times may require influencing leadership teams concerning strategic opportunities.
Although the day-to-day will often change for the Strategy Manager, what must remain consistent is their willingness to do anything to support the team, and their desire to contribute to team success.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Create documents that clearly support requirements for Ahold Delhaize leadership (e.g. Supervisory and Management Board updates; USLT presentations, )
- Business planning related to omnichannel deployment
- Guide the leadership team in identifying and prioritizing omnichannel priorities, including financial and strategic implications
- Ensure transparency in timing, complexity and resource constraints of planned initiatives
- Regularly facilitate leadership team conversations to review progress and updates to the strategic omnichannel plans
- Provide guidance on, identify, and share best practices relating to omnichannel initiatives
- Maintain ownership over any/all future updates, coordinate between all functions to develop process to manage/maintain Strategic omnichannel
- Own strategic special events (e.g. Summits, offsites, workshops)
- Manage and/or serve as member of key teams and committees on large-scale and/or long-term special omnichannel projects
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- 5 – 10 year's work experience
Big 3 consulting experience is a plus
Visual storytelling using PowerPoint
- Domestic travel required with minimal notice required up to 40% per year
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, executives and third parties
- Understanding of and experience with visual storytelling
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.