Manager, Marketing Science
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Manager, Marketing Science:
Data plays an integral role in the success behind RXBAR’s media. In this role, you will oversee all data management on the media team, using analytics to inform and optimize our media buys while further understanding the complexity behind our media ecosystem. You will be tasked with identifying the “why” behind our growth and play a role in guiding media investments. You will not only focus on how to maximize return. You will also develop and optimize our data collection process across offline and online channels and establish learning objectives YoY to truly understand what drives success.
As the data lead on the media team, you will be joining a group of innovative thinkers and media strategists who are changing the way media is placed across the country. Using your advanced technical skills and business knowledge, you will be responsible for building out our media measurement and modeling solutions. You are married to data and the insights that can be pulled from our deployed media and data partners, but are also able to apply those deep learnings and share perspectives to the greater organization.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Manage, execute and deliver analyses such as: advertising performance analysis,, customer segmentation, survey design and analysis, ROI modeling, lifetime media value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis and brand research
- Package insights in a digestible way with a clear storyline that addresses business impact.
- Assist in the development of a measurement and learning plan, while establishing campaign performance benchmarks, goals, and projections
- Vet various data sources (internal and external) and fully understand the data stack at our disposal (Axciom, Oracle, Nielsen)
- Develop subject matter expertise in mobile, performance, ecommerce, mass awareness and social analytics
- Lead audience building strategies by defining who RXBAR’s core and design targets are, where / how / when they consume media, and how they shop
- Collect online and offline media delivery and performance data from ad servers or other third party sources
- Analyze cookie-level (log level) data and placement level ad server data to provide actionable media recommendations for the team
- Work closely with the consumer insights team, sharing data collected via media and partnering on consumer profiles for better targeting and more valuable advertising.
- Build a data warehouse (DMP investigation and implementation) to enhance RXBAR’s understanding of successful business drivers.
- Work towards deeply understanding the relationship between channels in our media ecosystem to maximize reach and brand salience and protect RX’s media investment.
- Partner with media leads to analyze data and determine success from programming ran.
- Maintain a deep understanding of data trends, audience strategies and ad technology
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Quantitative background with advanced degree in statistics, computer science, informatics, data science or related field
- Understanding of cross-media brand study and measurement a must
- 4 - 5 years in a media analyst role
- Excellent analytical skills and solid foundation in statistical analysis
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel - must be able to use advanced Excel functions
- Acute understanding of and passion for media analytics
- Excellent communications skills, strong presentation skills and proven ability to communicate complex, technical concepts
- Ability to measure multiple campaigns simultaneously with excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Knowledge of syndicated media research & systems (Nielsen, comScore, MRI, Scarborough)
- Passion for data and its role in shaping a brand
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.