Manager Research Analyst, Passive Strategies at Morningstar
The Role: As an analyst on the passive strategies research team your objective is to collaborate with our global team to produce independent research on funds and other investment vehicles will empower individuals, intermediaries, and institutional investors to make better investment decisions, which is Morningstar's primary mission. The associate analyst will directly support our Chicago-based manager research team's analysis of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and index mutual funds. The position requires a passion for investing along with strong analytical and writing skills. In this role, you will research ETF and index mutual funds while also developing broader investment expertise that contributes to the manager research organization's thought leadership. The position is based in our Chicago office.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to support our ratings for ETFs and index mutual funds using our databases, monitoring regulatory information, and engaging with asset-management firms.
- Monitor important developments in the fund industry and global markets.
- Develop expertise in various asset classes, asset management firms, and the overall industry.
- Capably navigate Morningstar's database, document data errors, and surface ideas for database and methodology enhancements.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a graduate degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst® designation (or progress toward one or the other) is preferred.
- At least three years of previous relevant work experience.
- Passion for investing and for empowering investors to make better investment decisions.
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work at times independently, and at other times within a collaborative environment.
036_MstarResearchLLC Morningstar Research Services LLC Legal Entity