Manager - Strategic Database Marketing, Zoro
Title: Manager - Strategic Database Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
The Manager - Strategic Database Marketing will be responsible for generating insights from the customer database to inform the company's customer strategy and business decisions across the organization with the goal of increasing revenues per customer. This individual will design targeting and segmentation strategies of the consumer base which will enable the business to deliver messages that are prioritized, personalized, and simultaneously beneficial to the customer and Zoro. This position will be responsible for evolving these strategies to keep up with ever changing business and customer needs; improve effectiveness and efficiency; and drive bottom up data driven recommendations to deliver revenue growth from our consumer base.
The successful candidate is passionate about eCommerce business, learning about all aspects of the Zoro business and collaborates well with others. Our aggressive growth goals mean that your day-to-day responsibilities and projects can vary greatly—which means all the more opportunity for you to make an impact!
- 3+ years of experience using analytics to solve business problems
- Responsible for managing analytical marketing projects and collaborating with internal business partners to support strategy development and tactic planning
- Leading the end to end analytical process: receive and evaluate business partners’ requests, develop analytical plan and methodology, confirm analytical plans with business partners, implement data analyses, and provide recommendations.
- Provide analytic supports for key business activities (strategic initiatives, campaigns design, customer segmentation strategy, channel bidding strategy, price sensitivity & demand elasticity, merchandising optimization etc.) including data mining, analysis, and presentations
- Lead monthly review meetings to share insights/learning from the business data, and also provide updates on key analytical projects
- Experienced in leading advanced analytics projects and designing analytics R&D projects
- Have prior experiences in assisting business decision making through data mining and machine learning
- Strong communication skills in order to collaborate effectively with business stakeholders. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions
- 3+ years’ progressive business experiences in marketing analytics, database marketing, data mining, or statistical modeling. Experiences of advanced data analysis in Internet or a top-tier consumer-focused company (in technology, consumer goods or retail domain) are preferred
- Master’s degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research, and Economics. MBA a plus
- Capable of thinking through complex business problems and solve them by analyzing on large amounts of data
- Familiarity with tools used for statistical modeling, clustering, classification, machine learning, and data mining
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL/relational databases and BI tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Google Data Studio)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel spreadsheet modeling and PPT presentation creation
- Knowledge of web tracking technology (Google Analytics, BigQuery, etc.) a definite plus
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status