Manager, Workforce Analytics at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are seeking a Manager of Workforce Analytics to join our People Operations Team. This person will be responsible for maintaining Tempus’s HR and People systems and will analyze and synthesize employee data so the company, People Team, and business leaders can use it to make strategic business decisions. This role will report to the Director, Talent strategy and work closely with Talent Development, HR, Recruiting Teams as well as our Chief People Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Lead People Operations data projects using data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions as it relates to Tempus’s workforce and employee base.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of employee data.
- Oversee the design and delivery of People Operations reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the HR systems; including business process configuration/improvement, data entry, report creation and reporting, data analysis, user help, and communications.
- Work with key stakeholders (employees, managers, HR, business partners, recruiting, payroll, benefits resources, etc.) to identify and refine business requirements for the HR systems supported.
- Create reports that support metrics needed for the business and provide analysis, as necessary.
- Work with internal resources to develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation; assist in development and training of employees on internal processes.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Practice Flexibility; have the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, human resources, or a related field required.
- 3+ years of professional experience; preferably in an operations or analyst role.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills; customer-service oriented approach to problem solving and gathering feedback to determine continuous improvements.
- Strong documentation, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively report data in an understandable way for a variety of audiences ranging from technical to senior leadership.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets skills.
- Experience building and maintaining team dashboards and deriving actionable insights from the information.
- Ability to handle highly confidential data with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work with diverse, creative, professional people in a fast-paced and high growth environment.
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to navigate competing priorities.
- A positive attitude, self-motivated individual who can complete goals independently.
- Experience with People or performance related data
- Experience with Workforce Management software
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (including SOX, HIPAA)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience working at a tech start up/fast paced environment