Manager/Sr. Manager, Healthcare Analytics
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences. Our analytics approach is focused on creating actionable insights that support providers to drive improvements in cost, quality and the experience of their patients.
As a Healthcare Analytics Manager or Senior Manager, you will work with our new and emerging market teams to create analytics that will drive our operations and performance in value- based contracts. This role requires strong attention to detail, the ability to thoughtfully and efficiently drive to recommendations, and the capacity to collaborate across multiple business customers spread across multiple geographies.
What are examples of work that a Healthcare Analytics Manager/Sr. Manager will do at VillageMD?
- Mine patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical and pharmacy claims data along with clinical data from EMRs to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Build provider and intervention level reports and dashboards to track healthcare quality and efficiency metrics
- Forecast program performance based on historical trends and specific performance assumptions to drive business decision and performance improvement in value-based contracts
- Partner with our clinical and operations teams to understand market needs, and develop and execute on an analytics agenda
- Scope, perform and/or lead analyses, as needed, to drive to optimal decisions
- Develop and implement predictive analytics and algorithms to enable population health management to deliver targeted care improving health outcomes and reduce spend
What will make you successful here?
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex logic and technical topics in a clear, concise manner
- Experience with MS SQL and other analytical tools, such as SAS or R
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources
- Ability to generate clear, concise and comprehensive analyses that provide backing for specific recommendation(s)
- Business acumen within healthcare industry including clinical operations
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for tasks and people
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of full-time experience, healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques, contributors to bias in analysis, and healthcare economics
- Experience in providing analytics insights to clinicians and operators to drive health improvement
- Demonstrated data analysis experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Experience in developing reporting tools with Tableau is a plus
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics or engineering; graduate degree preferred
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.