LIFE AT IMC AS MARKET DATA MANAGER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Market Data Manager
- Exist as a single point of contact with all U.S. exchanges and Market Data providers.
- Responsible for contract negotiation from a business perspective (in conjunction with legal).
- Coordination with global offices to identify potential commercial benefits / discounts.
- Responsible for Usage / Entitlement Reporting back to exchanges and other reporting obligations.
- Lead cross-function teams when responding to MD related audit or information request.
Internal market data usage
- Maintain database of up-to-data market data contractual usage restrictions
- Procedural approval check for new use of existing market data (new systems, new guis, etc,)
- Ongoing cross-functional education of MD contractual usage restrictions
- Ongoing monitoring of fees and usage, identifying ways to reduce growing costs and identifying areas of potential risk exposure
- Ongoing monitoring of databases to ensure functionality and updates
- Proactively educate various teams within IMC (trading / tech / support) around proper use of data and how utilization will impact compliance and commercial structure
New market data products
Manage timely on-boarding of new market data products, including:
- Partnering with traders and IT to implement entitlements (proprietary systems, communication and new entitlements)
- Partnering with BP&A to integrate new products into tracking tool to assess usage and reporting accuracy
Exchange Market Data knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of systems architectures and the flow of exchange provided market data (methods of delivery through end usage, use in original or derived format) for multiple market data products and exchanges
- Understanding of trading strategies and related exchange market data needs, including display and non-display requirements
- Understanding of contractual obligations related to exchange market data globally for multiple exchanges such as usage restrictions, reporting obligations, fee structures and unit of count.
Non-Exchange Market Data knowledge
- In-depth knowledge around flow of third party provided market data (methods of delivery through end usage use, in original or derived format) for multiple market data products from multiple providers. (Bloomberg, Russell, Markit, Opra)
- Experience with third party provided market data needs, including display and non-display needs.
- Previous involvement with contractual obligations related to exchange market data globally for multiple providers
- usage restrictions
- reporting obligations
- fee structures and unit of count
Project Management Capabilities:
- Ability to lead/drive cross functional teams (IT, Dev, Procurement, Legal, Trading)
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.