Market Insights Analyst at RXBAR
We’re looking for a Market Insights Analyst to join our Sales Team in Chicago, IL.
RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires RXBAR to continue operating at the highest efficiency possible. We believe that this role will be a critical component to ensure our long-term success.
The Market Insights Analyst will act as a thought leader to the organization as it relates to market dynamics, transforming various sources of data into actionable insights that will drive category and shopper strategies.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Market Leadership
- Elevate the Market Insights team’s understanding of the market (channel and retailer-specific) beyond the numbers in traditional data sources, moving from “what” to “so what”
- Use design thinking and project-based framework to approach problem solving (i.e., hypothesis building, utilizing qual and quant analysis, narrative story building, etc.)
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand and challenge key business issues to ensure that the Market Insights team delivers the most impactful market insights
- Support consistent insight communication and collaboration across the organization
- Design recommendations and tools to enable Sales to implement strategies and lead dialogue with retailers that focus on growing overall category
- Provide business analysis and insights of sales, and opportunity gaps for incremental volume and portfolio improvements across new and existing product lines
- Generate merchandising and strategic placement recommendations on shelf and in-store for new and existing product lines in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Support sales team in meetings with Tier 1 retailers to provide point of view on category performance and market trends
- Become the expert in shopper data, both traditional (panel) and non-traditional (primary observation, customer service, field marketing, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 1-2 years of experience in Category Management at a CPG company or 1-2 years of sales experience
- Strong history of creating fact-based selling stories, and the ability to integrate multiple tools to solve problems
- Ability to interpret analysis results, formulate recommendations, develop presentations, and present to broad audiences
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite—advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Highly organized
- Excellent communicator
- Extremely result and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem solving abilities
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.