Market Research Analyst (Services) at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 904,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2 is seeking a Market Research Analyst focused on Business Services to share in maintaining and growing the quality of our Services market. Our market specialists work to put buyers first by developing unbiased categories and content.
At a fast paced hyper growth company like G2, responsibilities, tasks, and projects can evolve rapidly and the need to adapt is critical. Some of the core responsibilities of the role are detailed below.
Category Maintenance and Development
The person in this role will be responsible for maintaining and building category integrity in the Services space. This includes conducting research to ensure services are properly categorized, as well as staying on top of trends to proactively add emerging categories to the site.
G2’s Market Research Analysts are authorities in their given markets. They are the primary internal resource for their categories and work directly with buyers and vendors in their field. In this role, individuals are responsible for educating buyers about how to best select, utilize, and benefit from business solutions via the categories and content they manage.
Thought Leadership & Analysis
Market Research Analysts are tasked with understanding our unique data and information through both intentional research and direct engagement with software and service buyers.
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of data and has the writing chops to convert that data into compelling articles, narratives, and reports. We remain 100% unbiased in our analyses, combining our industry knowledge with the data/experiences of real software users.
Someone who excels in this role is a self-motivated individual with strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and methodologies, and an analytical eye to help us tell meaningful, data-driven stories and share insights and trends in interesting ways.
- Research service providers and industries
- Maintain category integrity within the Services market
- Engage, educate and assist service buyers through the decision making process
- Drive buyers to understand solutions, bridging gaps between software and services
- Write in-depth articles, SEO-driven web copy and compelling blog posts
- Maintain product and category data
- Assist with answering questions from visitors to the site
- Collaborate with the rest of the G2 team to develop and deliver new reports, insights and offerings
- Experience in business services as a practitioner, researcher or analyst
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to produce data-driven stories
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline
- Fast learner who can work independently
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 1-2 years of professional experience
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.