Market Research Associate
Market Research Associate
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2 Crowd is seeking a Market Research Associate who will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to the Market Research team’s primary initiative of helping software buyers. This is accomplished via a number of initiatives, detailed below:
- Act as the front line for the Market Research team’s interactions with software buyers, answering questions or routing them to the appropriate team members.
- Provide support to the team in building and maintaining our categories and products on the site– from product sourcing, to categorization, to admin/operational support for maintaining our category taxonomy
- Participate in creating engaging blog and website content that our audiences will want to read and share. The Market Research Associate will learn to incorporate data into blogs and website content, crafting engaging experiences for software buyers.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual with a willingness to jump in and help wherever needed. The ideal Market Research Associate will be eager to interact with software buyers and help them solve their problems while exhibiting exceptional customer service skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an interest in building their software expertise and honing their research skills to help share informative content in interesting ways.
- Engage and assist software and service buyers through the decision making process via online portal or email
- Identify and route buyers to the correct resources within G2 Crowd following predetermined assistance paths
- Support the Market Research team in day-to-day operational/admin activities
- Research software products, service providers, and industries
- Write SEO-driven web copy and blog posts
- Data entry tasks required
- Self-starter who is willing to roll up their sleeves and help however needed
- Desire to interact with buyers via multiple channels with an emphasis on exceptional service
- Strong writing skills and desire to write
- Interest in B2B software and services
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related discipline
- Fast learner who can work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and interest in customer service is a plus
- 1 year of professional experience is a plus
- Research experience is a plus
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.