Market Research Director - Cybersecurity and Privacy at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 904,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2, Inc. is seeking a Research Director with a Cybersecurity and Privacy background to join its Market Research team. The Research Director will be responsible for leading G2's Security and Privacy research team, ensuring the accuracy of security and privacy product categorization and supporting overall growth in the set of security and privacy categories.
The Research Director, Security and Privacy is responsible for researching, writing and advising buyers about trends and products in cybersecurity and privacy, and leading their team of researchers to do the same. The director must have a deep understanding of current security and privacy trends and products.
- Category Expertise: Serves as a subject matter expert on cybersecurity, privacy and organizational digital transformation initiatives related to cybersecurity and privacy solutions.
- Thought-leadership: A demonstrated thought leader in cybersecurity and privacy technology and the ability to deliver credible content in a variety of formats on the subject. Experience writing with data, and eagerness to use G2 data to enhance their narratives.
- Category development: Take appropriate actions to grow the business in the assigned categories through sales support, business development, partner development and other methods as necessary.
- Management: Lead a team of cybersecurity researchers.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees a plus
- 10 years of directly applicable industry and/or research experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a team
- Track record of successful business development with vendors in the security industry
- Demonstrate a track record of content development and delivery
- Ability to deliver public presentations and represent G2 at industry events
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence across G2
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to travel approximately 30%+
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.