Market Segmentation Analyst
Title: Market Segmentation Analyst
Marketing organizations today rely on data, analysis, and critical thinking. A Segmentation Analyst is at the core of ensuring that our marketing initiatives are precise, impactful and based on data driven insight to support enterprise strategy, leveraging advanced analytical techniques, and translating complex methodologies into clear insights, compelling visualizations, and tangible actions that engrain analytics into business decisions. Supports vision for customer marketing, introducing robust approaches for measurement, test strategy, and segmentation with the goal to strengthen demand generation, conversion, and loyalty.
The segmentation role is a critical element to the go-to-market programs across every market segment, working to deliver stellar results in demand generation and customer engagement. You will act as a primary owner of data insights and audience segmentation across campaigns, including; email marketing methodologies, industry research, campaign logic, data source review, campaign analysis and evaluation. This role will work with a vendor, as well as all levels of SMS Management, to determine industry trends, identify & define markets, gather competitive intelligence and support SMS customer experience.
This role is vital to the success of the campaigns and in creating positive customer experiences.
The Market Segmentation Analyst is also responsible for working directly with the Sales Operations and Marketing team to optimize execution of the sales engagement process. The role requires qualitative and quantitative techniques to gather and interpret data to produce substantiated recommendations. This person should highly value the power and influence of clean data. The Market Segmentation Analyst will take a direct role in the compilation and presentation of data for the purposes of strategic planning, process improvement, industry surveys, market research and program development and support.
This is a full-time exempt position.
- To develop and implement segmentation logic that sends the right communication, at the right time, based on customer behavior, actions, and journey stage; manage email calendar, build emails as required, run A/B testing.
- Deliver persona-based segmentation and targeted communication that connects customer touch points across buyer journey. Perform sub-segmentation to identify best customers, and deep dive customer analyses to better understand behaviors and needs.
- Develop, launch, analyze and test targeted email and digital marketing campaigns in marketing automation platform
- Analyze success of digital marketing programs and optimize where needed
- Collaborate with Sales Operations team to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation
- Present data driven recommendations and strategies to team members and management based on research findings, trends, and your knowledge of the data available.
- Analyze marketing campaign data and evaluate the overall performance of channels, assets, conversions, leads, pipeline and revenue impact.
- You will manage in-house lists and list acquisition, handling list quality, and ensuring proper list usage across all divisions of the organization.
- You will be responsible for the integrity of our audience segment analysis, with an emphasis on data quality, database hygiene and growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Ability to act as an internal consultant, working across departments throughout the organization
- A team player, able to earn the confidence of others
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- High organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong negotiation skills.
- Validated problem solving and decision-making skill.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Statistics, Business Analytics, or related field
- 3+ years of related experience
- Previous experience using a marketing automation platform
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
- Understanding of various marketing channels (email, social, paid, direct mail, SEO, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress, Google analytics, and the top social channels
- Experience within direct or database marketing functions in a B2B environment for the technology industry is preferred.
- Direct experience HubSpot and Salesforce.com is preferred
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) certified is preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.