Market Strategy Analyst, Auto at TransUnion
Market Strategy Analyst, Auto
"TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.” - Chris Cartwright, US Information Services
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- You will be part of a team focused on key interactions with leading customers and business partners, and the design and delivery of market-driven solutions
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or one of the hard sciences
- 1-3 years professional experience in an analytical / quantitative position
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments
- High level of competency with Excel and other analytical tools
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
What we’d love to see:
- Prior management consulting experience is a plus
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Some familiarity with statistical software tools
- Someone driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
Impact you’ll make:
- Within the first 90 days you will learn the intricacies of TransUnion, the financial services segment and how we support our customers.
- After 90 days, you will support the Automotive team within our Financial Services vertical in their market strategy and market development efforts.
- Structured Problem Solving:
- You will use your problem solving skills to help solve some of the toughest industry issues we face today.
- You will use a hypothesis based approach to identifying key issues and providing a roadmap to achieving desired results.
- Project Coordination:
- You will perform project management and coordination tasks, assigning and coordinating project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports and serving as the communications point for the project
- You will drive and perform day-to-day operations of assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are followed; goals, scope and objectives are met; and services and projects are accomplished efficiently and effectively
- Relationship Building:
- You will build trust with business partners (internal and external), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You will utilize the relationships you build with product and industry experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, IT and other functions to gather insights and develop actionable go-to-market plans
- You will conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing data to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners
- You will build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses
- Under the guidance of more senior team members, you will define and create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach
- You will mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- You will develop forecasting models (under different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- You will translate qualitative information (through surveys and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
- You will understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meeting them
- With management’s supervision, you will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations)You will help create complete discussion documents with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.