Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
We are looking for a highly energetic Data Scientist to join our Marketing Team as we grow Avant’s digital banking business, loan, credit card, and more. The right candidate possesses a passion for driving customer acquisition using analytical techniques and thrives in the complex environment of experimental design, marketing optimization, and ROI. This position will report to the Head of Marketing Analytics & Insights and work with cross-functional teams consisting of Product, Business Development, Risk, Operations, and Compliance. Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you.
What you do at Avant:
- Own and drive strategic analytical projects and insights to influence and drive Avant’s loan customer acquisitions in pre-screen channels
- Perform in-depth funnel analysis to drive insights on attribution, causation, and incremental lift
- Choose accurate metrics for tracking, measuring, optimizing, and improving campaigns
- Collaborate with data science to develop and refine models
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and operationalize KPIs for short- and long-term measurements that align with company financial goals and marketing strategy
- Drive standardization for data collection procedures to generate information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Develop reports/dashboards and provide insights behind the data to help marketing team evaluate performance
- Explore and validate future-state channels for loan acquisition growth; translate ideas into action by developing strategic insights through problem-solving, analysis, and internal/external research, then, develop hypotheses and pilots to test and validate
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multivariate Tests to provide measurable insights on the test data
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in statistics, analytics, and databases. Customer Acquisition and Fintech experience is a plus.
- Advanced SQL is required.
- Competent programming skills in Python or R
- Hands-on experience in Dashboarding tool and Experimentation systems
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Ambitious self-starter who will be able to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to partner with a diverse set of stakeholders, manage and execute projects with a strong bias for action; ability to effectively prioritize projects and meet aggressive, recurring deadlines
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.