Marketing Data Scientist at Kin Insurance
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up, and in case it’s not obvious, our customers are our top priority. The Marketing Data Scientist role owns data & analytics for our marketing team – working with internal leadership to define and report KPI; collaborating with engineering to ingest, clean, and analyze data from multiple sources; and delivering actionable insights across multiple teams. We want to hire someone who enjoys digging into data, which they will use to open new opportunities and channels, as well as optimize campaign results.
A day-in-the-life could include:
● Development of a response model to help drive channel and marketing initiatives
● Assist with marketing data vendor analysis and integration
● Use analytics tools to monitor performance of campaigns
● Automation of Kin’s direct mail strategy
● Creation of a lifetime value model to prioritize marketing by person/property and marketing initiative
● Development a data driven approach to lifecycle marketing
● Enhancement to existing lead generation algorithm
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
● Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related
● Must have a mathematics or statistics background
● Experience in programming in R or Python and understanding of the software development life cycle
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
● Interest or experience in highly regulated and / or startup environment(s)
● Passion for telling stories with data
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
● Commuter Benefit Plans
● Flexible PTO
● Flex Spending Accounts
● Disability Insurance
● Life Insurance
● Onsite gym membership
● Company provided lunch several times a month
● Rotating option of snacks, daily
● Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!