Master Data Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover Financial Services is seeking a Master Data engineer to join our Enterprise Data Management team. Successful candidates will partner with our business partners to understand their data needs, and build data pipelines using cutting edge technologies like Ab Initio, Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions such as RDS, Lambda, Dynamodb, Teradata, Snowflake and S3. Additionally you will explore the use of Java, Scala, Spark APIs to enrich data for our data scientists. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Discover Financial Services data and its mission.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive highly visible projects include translating business and technology requirements into our ETL/ELT architecture.
- Develop batch/real-time data ingestion and stream-analytic solutions leveraging technologies such as Ab Initio, Kafka, Apache Spark, Java, NoSQL DBs, Hadoop, AWS EMR, Red Shift, Teradata and Snowflake.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Hadoop Infrastructure, AWS cloud engineering, DBAs and business teams
- Provide our highest senior level technical capabilities to architect and implement our big data roadmap
- Highly productive: Ability to deliver with minimal oversight on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who is passionate about data and developing solutions to generate data insights.
- Fierce fast attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment with other high caliber engineers
- Multi-tasking and prioritization expertise: Enjoy balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Learner: Passionate learner who enjoys education through class room training and self-discovery on a variety of emerging technologies
- Leader: Decision making capabilities while gathering information and demonstrating leadership to management, and junior level staff.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or professional experience in data movement.
- 8+ years of data engineering experience working with structured and un-structured data.
- Experience in Agile methodologies is a big plus
- Prior experience with Banking or Financial domain is a big plus.
- Deep understanding of ETL Tools preferably Ab initio, SQL and Relational Database knowledge is a must.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Shell/Python/Scala/Java is a must.
- Well versed with Linux/Unix operating system.
- Good understanding of Big Data technology trends, with knowledge of technologies such as AWS, Kafka, Spark, Hive, and Presto.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau is big plus
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!