Media Audience Data Scientist at Walgreens
The Media Audience Data Scientist will be part of a collaborative team supporting audience development and management to drive client goals. The Media Audience Data Scientist will also develop scalable and custom audience segments to be deployed by suppliers independent of Walgreens retail media business.
The Media Audience Data Scientist will analyze and translate audience behavior data into actionable recommendations, insights, and stories that drive change in digital media strategies and tactics. Oversee and drive the retail media audience execution process, including architecting solutions, developing strategies, tasks (building audiences, test/optimization planning), contingencies (risk management), scope, communication, and coordination of in-market needs.
This team member will collaborate and ensure swift, productive movement through the audience development, building, and deployment process. The Media Audience Data Scientist will have a voice and a role as an integral part of the retail media team, supporting Media forecasting, planning, and execution by making strategic recommendations and providing direction as it relates to audiences.
Through knowledge sharing, transparency, setting audience standards, and cross-functional communication with the broader team, the Media Audience Data Scientist is a subject matter expert on internal and external data sources and comes with familiarity with various audience platforms (Epsilon, LiveRamp) and corresponding inputs/outputs (DSPs, Reporting platforms and another ad tech).
- Execution of audience building, segmentation, and deployment of audiences within Walgreens retail media campaigns – both evergreen and custom.
- Successful delivery of and support for audience strategies and segments for deployment.
- Collaboration with media, analytics, sales, and operations teams to ensure timely, effective solutions for supporting audience-led media business.
- Creation and maintenance of solutions and strategies to support the highest tier and introductory audience and data customers – both those who will execute on their own, as well as those who rely on Walgreens to deliver audience-led media plans.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in quantitative or computational functions; or graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical discipline and at least 2 years of experience in quantitative or computational functions
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of open source data science and statistics packages such as Python, R, Spark, etc.
- Experience in data science, advanced analytics, or statistics.
- Experience interrogating data, performing analyses, interpreting data, and presenting findings to business audiences.
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization to ensure quality standards for service.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex business issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical discipline