What You'll Be Doing:
As a Medical Researcher you will formulate actionable recommendations for value-based device and drug use in health systems. By defining best practices and guiding appropriate selection of devices and drugs through a comprehensive analysis of clinical evidence, you will help create strategies for cost savings and improved patient outcomes. You will take ownership of individual research projects from scoping to publishing, partnering with other members of the research team to create and maintain the research content of our Device and Pharmacy Solutions.
The successful candidate will be a strong independent contributor with a team player mentality. He/she will also share a passion for learning and understanding pharmaceuticals and medical device technology as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Develop familiarity and expertise on specific medical conditions and their treatment options
- Aggregate, evaluate, and synthesize device and drug information, academic research, clinical trials and other resources to demonstrate clinical differentiation or equivalence between medical and pharmaceutical products
- Conduct cost-efficacy analyses on clinical and financial data to inform value-based decisions
- Write clear, concise summaries of evidence and recommendations for our device and pharmacy solutions
- Assess rigor of clinical trials, including study design, statistical analysis, conclusions, bias, and applicability
- Provide peer-to-peer research support as well as ongoing mentorship to the junior team research associates.
- 3+ years experience in the healthcare or medical technology industry
- MS, MD, or PhD degree with concentration in natural (biology, chemistry) or biomedical sciences (microbiology, epidemiology), biomedical engineering or chemical engineering
- Experience obtaining, reviewing, and writing medical literature, specifically related to devices or drugs
- Distinctive problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Proficiency in MS Office applications