Merchant Risk Sr. Analyst at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Merchant Risk team works cross-functionally with Compliance, Product, Engineering, Commercial, and Integration to manage different risks of the merchants to foster a safe platform.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive the growth of the company and lead the charge on refining our risk rating. This role requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. If you are a fast learner, a great teammate, and someone who is highly motivated with a positive attitude, this role is for you!
Come join us in our mission to change ecommerce finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best merchant & customer experience.
What you'll do
- Proactively explore data and find opportunities to drive growth
- Perform analytics workflow, including sizing the opportunity, developing the strategies, visualizing by dashboards and reports, socializing them across the organization and driving the change
- Design rules and policies, as well as implement the solution with merchant risk decision engine
- Work with cross functional teams and provide risk based decision support and automation of business processes
What we look for
- 2-4 years work experience as a data analyst
- Proficient in SQL, Experience with Python, or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with decision tree, logistic regression, or other machine learning models
- A team player with an ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development.