Modeler-FP&A at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Provides financial and business analysis support. In particular, consolidates, evaluates and reports financial projections for capital planning and stress testing.
This position is in a high visibility team, having responsibility for presenting the capital planning results to senior management, and having significant interaction with senior management of other groups in Treasury, Loss Forecasting and LOB Finance. This team’s role in the capital planning and stress testing process has a direct impact on the Discover shareholder value.
Responsible for developing predictive models to provide modeling solutions to Discover’s business partners. Designs and develops models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms. Presents the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
What You’ll Do
- Develop predictive models to support Discover’s business partners.
- Design and develop models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
- Consolidate and analyze financial projections used for CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) stress testing.
- Identify unusual variances and potential issues. Maintain a strong understanding of each line of business and financial statements and leverage that understanding to ensure high-quality, accurate forecast projections.
- Prepare presentations and analyses summarizing stress scenarios financial projection.
- Coordinate with the program management office to support the capital planning effective challenge and governance process.
- Develop and maintain Tableau reports for capital stress testing and CECL.
How You’ll Do It
- Research and leverage state-of-the-art modeling techniques; participate in modeling innovation.
- Leverage extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data-science solutions, and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and support the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapt to modern modeling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge in analytical tools.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Master's degree in statistics, math, computer science, engineering, economics, or Analytics
Bonus Points If You Have
- Ph.D. in math, computer science, engineering, economics, analytics,or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in developing data-based analytical solutions, financial service industry, modeling, or related field
- Strong analytical skills and detailed understanding of financial statements
- Experience with visualization software such as Tableau
- Proficient in Excel, Hyperion, EPM and SQL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.