MT Sourcing Analyst at Echo Global Logistics
The Sourcing Analyst is an essential team member responsible for a broad spectrum of support activities;
- Client and internal departments support, hosting carrier meetings, participating in client business meetings and business reviews, continuous improvement initiatives, creation and management of sourcing SOP’s, carrier rate and capacity negotiations, TL rate loading in TLRG, escalation resource for operational service issues.
- Works with account management and implementation to understand sourcing strategies.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and use established metrics to maintain Echo’s competitive purchasing value.
- Provide projected TL pricing for Solutions and Sales pricing projects using internal Echo pricing data and 3rd party pricing databases.
- Conducts RFPs and performs the associated analysis as well as negotiations as required.
- Maintains carrier rate, fuel and accessorial agreements and related system applications involving procurement data.
- Sourcing – Understands the Carrier sourcing strategy developed by MT TL leadership and the action plans to achieve the sourcing team’s objectives. Work with MT Operations to assure client spend is in line with agreed sourcing strategy. Assists in analyzing client TL business and evaluate potential savings through MT TL sourcing tools. Participates on MT Operations and Implementation teams providing needed support. Links market knowledge and client requirements to enable the creation of breakthrough sourcing strategies.
- TLRG Rate Program – Responsible for following established SOP’s to validate the accuracy of contracted Carrier pricing and entering the Carrier pricing into applicable templates to be entered into Echo TLRG. Ensuring the contracted pricing data integrity/maintenance of rate contracts in accordance with grants of authority guidelines. Ensures rate agreements comply with master carrier and client agreements. Resolves rate discrepancies through interaction with Echo MT TL Sourcing and Echo MT Operations.
- Contract Negotiation and Contract Management – Participates in negotiation sessions with carriers. Prepares, implements and audits compliance with appropriate contract templates. Resolves issues regarding Carrier service quality and provided capacity.
- Carrier Management and Performance Tracking – Manages, monitors, reports and seeks to continuously improve Carrier performance. Acts as a primary point of contact for Carrier interactions and assists in Carrier’s performance assessments. Maintains a working knowledge of Carrier’s service offerings, geographic coverage, contractual agreements and transportation terms. Evaluates Carrier’s scorecard performance.
- Analysis – Conducts Tableau data analysis comparing Echo MT TL pricing and available pricing data sources including DAT and internal Echo TL network pricing. Responsible for communicating to Echo MT Operations when account pricing exceeds market levels as well as recommending and implementing action items to resolve.
- Continuous Improvement – Keeps abreast of current procurement general knowledge, procedures, and business issues in order to facilitate effective and practical solutions to MT TL Operations requests, concerns, and inquiries. Continuously work with Echo stakeholders to understand and validate their needs. Assists in providing feedback to sourcing team members regarding the integration of preferred Carrier relationships including the effectiveness of the stakeholder/Carrier interface and problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Understanding of TL Pricing basics
- Operational experience with TL shipments
- Ability to present information to peers, clients, and varying levels of management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.