New Grad: Business Analyst 1
Launched in November 2008 in Chicago, Groupon is re-defining local commerce. Groupon offers unbeatable deals on the best stuff to do, eat, see, and buy in cities across the globe. With ambitions to transform local commerce and $1 billion in cash on its balance sheet, Groupon is looking for top-notch business operations (Biz Ops) professionals to lead the company through the next stage of growth.
The Biz Ops team bridges the operational and product sides of Groupon, using a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, and operational horsepower to drive business value from Groupon’s product and engineering investments.
With an alignment to specific product areas (e.g., Core discovery & conversion, strategic investments, etc.) they develop the knowledge and insights that fuel our product strategy & development.
• Partnering with Product managers, and to a lesser extent, engineering, marketing and sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift.
• Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to understand how users interact with Groupon's offerings
• Reviewing product performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new features
• Creating dashboards and communicating product performance towards achieving product goals
• Designing both the business logic and the technical specifications to extract key data elements from Groupon’s products
• Developing & testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities in the business
• Quantifying the value / size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product roadmaps
• Develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, etc.
Ideal candidate will have:
• 0-2 years of relevant work experience in highly analytical roles (consulting, investment banking, product analytics, etc.) or relevant analytical course work and extracurricular activities.
• Interest and passion for data, product development and e-commerce
• Proficiency in Excel and / or SQL
• Excellent communicator (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
• Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.