Operational Risk Analyst
As an Operational Risk Analyst you will be working closely with the trading, operations, and sales teams. The main focus will be the operational support for new and existing traders on standard retail and direct API platforms. This includes product setup and configuration, management of price streams and external trade connections, and trade support. The candidate will also be responsible situationally for stepping into the desk and monitoring market risk across the entire order book: including FX, indices, cryptocurrencies, equities, and commodities to hedge and/or escalate as needed.
The ideal candidate will have middle or back office experience at a trading firm, bank, or other financial institution with experience working with a trade or position-based level of granularity (eg position/ cash reconciliations, corporate actions). Experience with trade systems will be important in order to maintain bespoke product offerings and commercial terms for end traders; the ability to collaborate with internal and external IT teams around FIX-based integrations with additional banks and trading partners will also be important.
Ideally, you will have worked with FX, futures, and equities in the past and have a strong quantitative background, including work with Excel and SQL. Strong candidates will have experience in all aspects of the Financial Services industry such as analysis of order books, trade processing, and/or market data.
The role will primarily focus on US market hours; however, the desk operates globally 24/5. As such, the flexibility to manage other shifts (primarily APAC) will occasionally be required.
- Provide operational support for all kinds of trade-related inquiries
- Manage onboarding process for large trading counterparties that require bespoke setups
- Develop robust, repeatable, and scalable operational processes where necessary; communicate these to relevant team members and manage the processes on a daily basis
- Reconcile prime broker and margin liquidity providers' positions versus in-house positions
- Reconcile account cash balances to system P&L
- Perform real-time management of risk and hedge as appropriate within agreed limits
- Monitor proprietary system of trade-based alerts and escalate as necessary
- Provide daily review and explanation of the positions, P&L, and risk profile of the trading book to senior management
- Liaise with colleagues globally to ensure smooth handover and synchronization of teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, economics, computer science, mathematics, or a hard-science from a top university
- 2-10 years' work experience in trading-related area – middle or back office
- Detail-orientated and data-driven focus to solving problems
- Understanding of trading strategies in FX, futures, equity, and crypto space
- Technical knowledge of and experience with trading systems
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL (R/ Python a plus)
- Disciplined self-starter with ability to make well-balanced decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Good communication skills and the confidence to professionally challenge other’s ideas and opinions
- CFA designation a plus but not required