Operations Analyst, Life Sciences Sequencing
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Life Sciences Client Management Operations team oversees sequencing and companion diagnostic projects and process improvement for Tempus’ Life Sciences collaborations. The position supports relationships with Tempus’ Laboratory, Bioinformatics, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams, as well as Life Sciences partner companies’ project teams.
- Support Tempus Operations Sequencing team in collecting key metrics across internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate, in partnership with the project manager, to ensure samples are moving appropriately through the lab and flagging samples at risk.
- Aggregate data and assist in providing proactive, detailed client-facing materials for the client touchpoints and other meetings.
- Support escalation and resolution of critical project related issues.
- Coordinate with clinical trial sites, physicians, and clients to anticipate and complete requests in regards to sampe procurement, timelines, sequencing timelines, and deliverables.
- Maintain clean, high-quality collateral and ensure organized documentation.
- Contribute ideas and expertise to organizational initiatives to enhance product offerings across Tempus teams.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks across projects, clients, and internal Tempus teams.
- Strong proactive communication skills and comfort with presenting technical information and process workflow.
- Creative mindset in order to problem solve, comfort with ambiguity and confidence to ask key questions
- Commitment to the success of the team; brings a collaborative attitude
- Skillful at working both independently and in team settings and comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in the ‘business’ side of science through prior professional or extracurricular experiences.
- Prior work in industries (1+ year) related to Life Sciences, genomic sequencing, or oncology is a plus.
- Degree or relevant experience in cancer biology, molecular biology, immunology, bioengineering, computational biology, or related fields are highly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Google suite, Slack, Microsoft Office (especially Excel).