Root’s Claims Operations Analytics team is searching for a Team Lead to lead operational reporting efforts within our Claims department. The Claims Operations Analytics team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to optimize the efficiency of teams and the decision-making of leaders within our Claims department. This role focuses on building and maintaining performance dashboards and the related code base along with completing ad-hoc research requests. Analysts work closely with Claims leadership, data engineers, and Claims product teams, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must!
If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (U.S. only) until it is safe to return to the office.
What you'll be doing.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into relevant dashboards and metrics
- Owning our suite of business intelligence tools to monitor Claims performance
- Proactively identify and deploy improvements
- Facilitate growth and development of your team
- Utilize Git and GitHub to maintain a shared SQL code repository upon which the aforementioned BI tools rely
- Communicate recommendations with data, both written and orally
- Own the design and execution of the ETL build process
- Optimize existing SQL queries and other analytics products
What we're looking for.
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
- 3+ years analytics experience
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus)
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Experience with SQL and the ETL process
- Experience with a BI software (Tableau, Power BI, Mode, etc.)
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.