Operations Manager - Licensed Data Products
The Group: The Data, Research & Index Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, operations and service teams collaborate to help create and provide our clients with the relevant solutions to appropriately meet our client’s business needs.
The Licensed Data Product Operations team, which is part of the group, aims to bring consistency in methods of working and provides better transparency and governance to operational processes. The team partners broadly and deeply with many internal teams (for example, product management, technology and client service). These partnerships are critical to driving the desired outcomes.
The Role: The Licensed Data Product Operations team seeks an Operations Manager to join the team. This role’s primary responsibility will be to support the data feed products team’s day-to-day activities and responsibilities and ensure that all client deliverables are created, maintained and supported in accordance with Project Management and Operational standards.
This role covers domain areas that include monthly data feed production, incident management, QA & continuous improvement of the deliverables, as well as cross-team coordination for ongoing change management, maintenance of existing and new feed implementation.
This position will be based in Chicago, Illinois.
* Partner with Technology and the Data organizations to remain aware of product changes, enhancements, and new releases.
* Ownership of new feed implementations and existing package enhancements in collaboration with Product Management.
* Translate business requirements into technical specifications to include formulating testing strategy for changes and enhancements.
* Help identify workflow/system improvements and work with supervisor and team to enact change.
* Work with the Technology team to automate monitoring and reporting of committed data feed deliverables.
* Perform, maintain and improve on monthly data feed production for custom and legacy solutions.
* Participate in process improvement initiatives using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
* Assist team in carrying out roadmap for legacy feed replacement.
* Coordinate with Client Success Management team to communicate updates to clients/sales teams to promote product changes and enhancements.
* Familiarity with Morningstar products and data is a plus.
* Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to define, analyze and document requirements and process.
* An understanding of or willingness to learn Agile tools and concepts.
* A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
* Ability to learn and adapt to change
* Strong customer service focus; experience in customer support is a plus.
* Prior experience in project management or business analysis is a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity