Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
What you do at Avant
- Build and optimize various collection related strategies for customer contacts, loss mitigation and recoveries.
- Improve collections performance on all Avant portfolios.
- Designing tests and rollout strategies.
- Devise and deploy improved vendor collections strategies.
- Oversee performance trends within a delinquent portfolio.
- Develop portfolio segmentation that enables targeted outreach strategies.
- Prepare and communicate performance narratives to senior leadership.
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on new initiatives and projects.
What you might own at Avant
- Projects like segmentation of customers based on risk attributes
- Presentations to executives
- Monitoring of adherence to strategies
- Investigation into any trends related to collections or recoveries
- Monthly or weekly reporting on portfolio delinquency trends, roll rates, bankruptcies, inventories etc.
- Work with data science to build models on collectability
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA/BS Degree with specialization in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Economics. (Masters degree preferred)Hands-on experience with Python or R, and SQL
- Have Credit Card or Personal Loans experience
- The ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business objectives
- Excellent overall business judgment and solid management skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven skills to manage effectively across cross functional areas in a matrix-organization
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.