Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is seeking an Operations Associate to join our Operations Strategy team.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate who is excited by the thought of developing new capabilities within operations from the ground up, and then optimizing and refining them to achieve maximum benefit for our customers and our business.
In your role as an Operations Associate on our Operations Strategy team, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies, evaluating and deploying new technologies and processes, and working with state-of-the-art, cloud-based platforms to develop an operating environment that promotes scale, efficiency, and best-in-class customer service.
What you do at as an Associate
- Manage initiatives that focus on process optimization, efficiency, and digital self service
- Initiatives will require end-to-end execution from initial assessment through recommendation and implementation Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements
- Assess the capabilities of alternative products in the market and onboard new solutions as appropriate
- Coordinate with department leaders and business stakeholders to better understand objectives to ensure that operational processes align with product and business goals Own and/or oversee the execution and ongoing management of strategic deliverables set forth by Leadership
- Gather business requirements by working with cross functional teams
- Build and/or maintain operational dashboards and reporting suite to track, manage, and provide valuable insights on metrics and KPIs
- Create and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews Lead testing and deployment of new capabilities and support post implementation monitoring and incident management
- Ensure systems and processes are well documented
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
Why you are a fit for an Operations Associate
- BA/BS in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or other analytical field of study
- 3+ years of experience with driving new projects, balancing business needs vs. technical constraints, and coordinating across cross-functional teams
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or corresponding Google applications
- Proficiency in SQL preferred
- Experience with process improvement, management consulting, and/or analytics required
- Self-starter who is motivated and eager to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to present findings and recommendations to Leadership
- An inquisitive mindset and an openness to do things differently and more efficiently
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.